TCD were engaged by FMG to complete the Bulk Earthworks on Vertical WHIMS (Wet High Intensity Magnetic Separation) Facility at their Christmas Creek Mine Site.
The scope of works included:
- Construction of the WHIMS Building Pad, Concentrate Thickener Pad, belt Filter Pad, Screen Building Pad, two Switchroom Pads and crane pads.
- Construction and modification of various access roads around the perimeter of the Vertical WHIMS Facility.
- Construction and modification of various drainage systems, including the supply and installation of culverts and open drains.
- Protection and relocation of existing services.
- Blending of fill materials from three different source locations to meet the stringent fill material specification.