FMG engaged us to divert the Flinders BWT tails line with a new tails spigot to deposit tailings into the S12 pit. It was an important project designed to defer the costs to implement additional tailings capacity for OPF1 and extend the life of the Flinders In-pit TSF.
The scope of works included:
- Supply and delivery of valve access sleepers
- Earthworks associated with pipe vehicle crossings and tails line corridor, access track and access pads
- Construction of the spigot support structure, flushing line support posts and pipe clamps
- Supply and install 600m of DN500 PN6.3
- Construction of S12 tails spigot from the tie in point, at the Flinders BWT tails line, to the tailings discharge location in the S12 TSF
- Construction of, and tie-in to the S12 tails spigot line, a flushing water system, including booster pump and tie-in to water supply
- Installation of electrical equipment and instrumentation
- Commissioning and testing of HDPE and steel pipeline
As you can see it was a complex undertaking with multiple services required, but our project management team ensured they all integrated perfectly to complete the job in just three months.